Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Weddings, Funerals, and Hospital Visits


If you would have asked me a year ago what I dreaded the most in ministry I might have told you weddings, funerals, and hospital visits. Honestly, I had never done a wedding or a funeral and had minimal experience with hospital visits. While I still don't have much experience in these, I have found that these three things are possibly the most meaningful part of my ministry. To be able to celebrate with families in the most joyous occasions and to be present in the mourning and celebration of a life can be so incredibly meaningful. To journey through with a family while a loved on is in the hospital is never easy, but to be invited to be a part of that journey through life has begun to mean so much to me. This weekend I will have the opportunity to marry my sister-in-law, Kelly, and her fiance, Josh. What an honor it is to be asked to be a part of such a special moment in their lives. I look forward so much to this aspect of ministry in the years to come.

No comments: