Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lord Save Us From Your Followers


About a year ago a friend of mine handed me a DVD of the documentary: Lord Save Us From Your Followers and said watch this when you have a chance. I rarely watch movies (I have a hard time sitting still for 2 hours) but the title caught my attention and I found some free time at home one night when Katie was out of town at a Dance Competition. While I wouldn't say that the movie changed my life, I will say that it dramatically changed my thinking. It made me question so many of my actions and interactions as a follower of Christ. So quickly after becoming a Christian, I submerged myself into the Christian subculture and forgot what it meant to be a seeker or nonbeliever. I essentially made a complete change in going from judging Christians to judging non-Christians. How does this happen so quickly and so dramatically? I've developed a mindset that Christians are good and non-Christians are bad. Let's be honest though, we all know some pretty "bad" people that call themselves Christians and know some incredibly "good" people that are non-Christians. A few months ago I had the opportunity to meet Dan Merchant, the Producer of the film: Lord Save Us From Your Followers, and hear his heart for the film and how the movie has impacted those who have seen it. His stories are powerful of how this movie is impacting culture. You can watch a clip of Dan Merchant from the Today Show here. If you have not seen this film I can't encourage you enough to find a copy (preferably buy one to support the film), watch it, and share it with a film. It probably won't change your life, but I guarantee that it will at least challenge your thinking if not change your thinking all together.

No comments: