Tuesday, November 17, 2009

To Kindle or Not to Kindle


So my step-mother, Robin, just got a new Kindle for her birthday and I'm fascinated by it. I'm fascinated by how it works, how easy it is to read, and how much it can hold. Honestly, I really like it and I want one... now. I read about a book a month and wish I read more and in my mind buying a Kindle would help allow me to read more somehow. I can also justify it in that the majority of my seminary books are offered on the Kindle. My biggest problem though is knowing that it like most technology will continue to improve while likely dropping in price. Should I wait or should I buy? Would love your thoughts please!

4 comments:

tjw1970 said...

Try out the Kindle for iPhone app. It isn't the same, but at least you'll get a feel for reading a book electronically. I would wait until closer to Christmas and see what happens with the B&N Nook. I think we will see significant price drops by Christmas - if not then, certainly by early next year.

Coby said...

I accidentally left a book for one of my classes at church the night I had a paper due. I had to buy a kindle copy for the book for my iphone. Believe me, the kindle books for iphones are great but I'd much prefer a book or even the kindle.

Nils Smith said...

I'll give the iPhone app a shot first, that's a good idea. Seems like it will be too small of a screen, but worth a shot. One of the other things that Impressed me about the Kindle is how well you could see it in any light and how it seemed to be less strain on the eyes. That could be my imagination though. Thanks for the advice.

Chef Mama Lori said...

I got to see Robin's Kindle this weekend (she is VERY excited about it since she is an avid reader!). It looks really cool! If you get one, or even when you do the iphone app, please blog about it so those of us without it can see how you like it.