Saturday, November 7, 2009

Gregg Matte at Conclave



As I think about the the speakers from Conclave, I think Pastor Gregg shared the most practical wisdom that I took home and have wrestled with. I must admit that I'm a little biased of Pastor Gregg as he has been a hero of mine for many years and has also been my sister's pastor at FBC Houston for the past several years. Here are the notes from his message:

1) Let God do the work. His will always has His power. (Colossians 1:29)
2) It takes time to find your voice. (Hebrews)
3) Opposition will come, let it be for the right things (1 Corinthians 16:9)
"Sheep bites hurt worse than wolf bites"
... does this ring true for anyone else? If this was all I heard at the conference it would have been enough for me!
4) Keep the main thing the main thing... the goal is Jesus
The goal is not leadership, creativity, etc. We often seek leadership because we fear theology
Does this convict anyone else?