Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Props to Red McCombs


So I plan to use this blog to focus on ministry and share life, so in sharing life I have to highlight some businesses as well. I will do my best to highlight good businesses and not rip bad ones (except maybe Gene Brown Transmissions, but that's another blog) I love two things when interacting with businesses: 1)good deals (that's why I have too much junk) and 2)good business practices. With the addition of Emery it was time for the Green Machine to go, so Katie and I just bought a 2006 Jeep Commander from Red McCombs. We loved the process and the sales guy there and went home very happy. About a month later I took the Jeep to get an oil change and they let me know that the brake pads were totally worn down and transmission was leaking fluid. I immediately called Red McCombs and they told me to just bring it in and they would take a look. When I got there they treated my with class, immediately took the Jeep in and set me up with a loaner car until they were confident that the issues were taken care of. They ended up totally replacing brake pads and rotors and doing about $600 worth of work and didn't charge me a penny or use the warranty. When you buy a used car, as I understand it, when you drive off the lot, you are buying it as is. I hear nightmare stories about car dealerships and salesmen, but my experience with Red McCombs has been outstanding. I love good business!

2 comments:

Debbi's Blog said...

crack pipe.

it's quite an upgrade you have found!

XOXO

Nils Smith said...

Oh the crack pipe story will be told soon. It brings up way too much tension though that I'm not sure I'm ready for.