Saturday, November 21, 2009

Counting my blessings


I was just reading a post from almost a year ago where Katie first blogged about the news that she was pregnant. This past year has been an incredible journey and I can't express enough how blessed I feel. As I'm getting to spend the day celebrating my precious Emery's 4 month birthday I'm overwhelmed at the blessing of her life. Katie and I were talking last week about the things that were important to us a year ago and what is important to us today. Over the past 5 years of marriage we have been on incredible vacations, lived in some of the sweetest places, eaten out way too much at some nice restaurants, and bought some cool toys; but our favorite moment thus far was the week we spent in the hospital when Emery was born. I didn't need my Mac, flat screen tv, home, or car; we just enjoyed those special moments together in that tiny hospitall room sleeping on a chair they say turns into a "bed". I'm so blessed to have an incredible wife who loves the Lord with all of her heart and loves me even though I often make it very difficult for her to. She is an incredible friend, teacher, mom, and wife. I am truly a blessed man!

2 comments:

Caron said...

What sweet thoughts. I believe we are truly a blessed family. Pat & I are blessed to have you for a son-in-law and we're getting ready to get another wonderful son-in-law in just a few days. We always prayed that our daughters would marry Christian men who put God first in their lives and those prayers have been answered in a mighty way. With the addition of Emery to the family this year, how can we want or need anything more? We have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Becky Kiser said...

So sweet and so true!!