Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thank you Doug Fields


After over 20 years in Youth Ministry Doug Fields recently resigned as the Youth Pastor at Saddleback Church. While I've only met Doug Fields once in person, he has shaped my Youth Ministry leadership probably more than any other person. My first month in Youth Ministry I read Doug's book, Purpose Driven Youth Ministry, which has shaped my understanding of Youth Ministry since. I also read his books: Your First 2 Years in Youth MInistry and What Matters Most on top of teaching pretty much every Super Series he has released. I don't know what I would do if it weren't for the resources provided on www.simplyyouthministry.com. I'm eager to see what comes next for Doug Fields in ministry but have to celebrate his past 20+ years and thank him for leading by example for so many other Youth Pastors. Thank you Doug Fields!

No comments: