Monday, December 14, 2009

Should your quiet time be part of your message prep?


I've heard several different takes on this question and I'm curious to hear yours. I've heard many pastors say that they believe that it's important to keep their personal quiet time scripture reading separate from what they are teaching on. I have heard others say that it's extremely important to keep these together as you are teaching directly from your heart and where God is moving in your direct study. I have tried both and prefer to separate the two, believing that I am still teaching from God's movement in my heart, but often what God is revealing to me in my quiet time with Him isn't always what needs to be communicated to the community that I am teaching God's Word to. What are your thoughts?

No comments: