Wednesday, December 2, 2009

iWeb and Mobile Me


Over Thanksgiving I pushed my sister and brother in law into buying their first Mac! I consider myself a Mac guy even though I'm not very creative and I still privately cling to my PC at the office. I took another step in the Mac world by joining on their Mobile Me family account. Mobile Me is a very cool online storage, email, calendaring, etc. for personal use. It also can be a great tool for website hosting I found. After setting up my Mobile Me account I decided to try out iWeb and create a quick website. If you want to see what I created go to www.NilsSmith.com. I'm a bigger Mac fan after going through this process but have to admit that I'm a little concerned with how limiting it is. For a beginniner (which I would consider myself) it really couldn't be easier, but for someone that wants to have freedom in their website iWeb can be somewhat limiting having to stay within their templates. I do suggest though for any ministry that does not think that they have the skills or budget to create a website, this is the perfect resource. iWeb comes free on your Mac and Mobile Me is phenomenal for the cost (about $100/year or get a family pack like we did getting 5 accounts for $150).

1 comment:

Chris Kiser said...

I figured out the shared calendar and contacts... basically we're syncing everything to one account. It also shows up both of our iphones on there also, so I'm not sure what the real advantage to a family pack will be (although it'll help us and anyone who wants mobileme at a discount since the price will be lower). I'd be more than happy to walk you through it in iChat... seeing that we can and all :)