Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mentors are a Must


I have been so blessed to have been surrounded by some incredible mentors since I first became a Christian. I think about the Youth Pastors that invested in me through my first steps, the leaders in the Brothers Under Christ fraternity who discipled me, and the pastors who have since mentored me. I rarely sought out a mentor, but God placed some of the most incredible people around me that have invested so much into my life and ministry. Over the past year, Dr. Hardy Clemons has faithful met with me every Tuesday for an hour. I have been able to pick his brain about life, ministry, weddings, funerals, marriage, complainers, and everything else in between. Currently, I'm in the middle of a huge transition in my ministry and have never needed Godly wisdom, advice, and encouragement. As difficult as this transition has been for me personally, the opportunity to meet with new and old mentors through this season has been so challenging, encouraging, and inspiring. If you are in ministry and you are not surrounded by mentors I can't encourage you enough to seek one or many out. Take a look at Paul's relationship with Timothy and how critical that mentoring relationship was for Timothy's ministry. I would love to hear about some of your mentors and how they have encouraged and inspired you in your ministry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.