Monday, October 27, 2008

1 Month 2 Live

So I said I was going to begin posting every Saturday and since then I haven't posted on a Saturday. Maybe I'm busier than I thought. This past Saturday we had Fall Fun Fest at the church which consumed my Saturday. It was a great day though other than my 20 minutes in the dunking booth and a good time getting to hang out with Ronnie Gibson who was in town this weekend to speak to our students at Sunday School. My main purpose though in this blog is to create my list of things I would like to do if I had 1 Month to Live. We are discussing this on Wednesday nights at Pulse and it really is thought provoking. Well, here's what I'd do:

-Spend as much time with Katie and close friends and family
-Travel with Katie to the incredible places she has seen in the world as well as take her to Honduras
-Eat a lot of ice cream, steaks, lobster and sushi
-Meet some heroes like Nolan Ryan, Billy Graham, Rob Bell

That's about all I can think of right now. I'm definitely not one of those guys who wants to go skydiving or anything like that. The question really makes you think about what's important and how much time I invest into things that really don't matter that much. I always wonder too if I'd rather know how much time I have to live or if I'd rather just die without knowing. I think I'd rather know.

1 comment:

Chef Mama Lori said...

Isn't it crazy how busy life can be? We live in the same city, are family & are too busy to get together. Maybe that will change when y'all live closer to us. I know 2 cousins who would love to dog sit for you!

Being one of your 2 loyal readers, I felt the need to post a comment somewhere! LOL!