Sunday, October 5, 2008

Two Days in a Row

The main purpose of this post is to prove that I'm serious about this thing. After two years of faking like I was going to blog, I'm really going to do it this time. There are 4 things on my mind:

1) Noah... we studied Genesis 6 this morning in Sunday School and Noah's character and obedience to God. There are so many things I've missed in the Old Testament stories I've heard since I was a child. I'm really looking forward to this year's Student Life Bible Study walk through the Old Testament. I'm also amazed at how incredible our Student Minstry Sunday School teachers are! It's going to be a great year!

2) Our house!!! While it makes my head spin that we just signed a loan that's scheduled to last 30 years, it's really exciting! It's a very mental thing for Katie and I to buy this lot and build a home (with the best builder in America, Jeff Japhet). It blows me away to walk through this home that is better than any home I could have ever dreamed of and this is our first home! I guess we're skipping the Starter Home process... maybe moving 7 times in the first 3.5 years of marriage was enough experience. I'm overwhelmed at how much God continues to bless us! I have to also add that the house has a game room that I will still refer to as my man room which means the Bachelor pad leather couch and Big Screen stays!!! Can life get any better?

3) The Texans... while life is so great why do the Texans have to be so bad! I just got over the Oilers loss to the Bills and now this!!! I guess I sold out on the Rockets for the Spurs maybe I should just give in and sell my football soul to Jerry Jones and the Cowboys like everyone else. I might as well become a Yankees fan in the process. Speaking of Baseball, how about those Rays?

4) Finally, tomorrow is Monday! That means Segue! If you haven't heard about Segue, you should go to www.seguesa.com and read about it. Tomorrow night Justin Graves is leading worship and Jeff Mangum will be there as always bringing the Word!!! If you've never heard Jeff, you've got to download one of his podcast from Segue here Can't wait for Monday? Neither can I!!!

2 comments:

The Moores said...

The worst lost in the last 5 minutes of a game in NFL history. It was painful to watch, but I couldn't turn my eyes away from the carnage of the Sage Rosenfels train wreck.

Welcome to the blog world, and congrats on the house.

Becky Kiser said...

i want to see picture of the house. is there a floorplan any where?

i'm really proud of you bro-- two days in a row!