Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturdays

I think if I'm going to be consistent with this I'm going to have to just pick day as my blogging day, so as of right now I'm choosing Saturdays. I tend to wake up much earlier than Katie and run out of things to do on the internet in about 15 minutes because all I typically do is email and no one emails on Fridays. Anyway, not I must figure out what to write about once a week.

We just started a series at Pulse called "One Month to Live" and luckily Chris is teaching it. It really has me thinking about the question though of what would I do if I had One Month to Live. What would change? I wonder where would I go, who would I see, what would I do? It's a huge perspective changer because where we spend our time clearly defines what's important to us and I know so many of the things I invest my time into have such little value in the big picture. Chris challenged everyone to make a list of what do you want to accomplish in your lifetime. Jeff Mangum, on Monday nights at Segue, has brought the same challenge several times and challenged the American Way. He talks about how there just has to be more than going to college, getting a job, having kids, retiring, playing golf, moving to a nursing home and dying. There has to be more to live for!!! While there all of these things are great and I look forward to these phases of life, I desperately don't want to fall into the trap of getting to the next step. Anyways, my thoughts are spinning in a way that can never be clear on a blog.

Some selfish worldly news: Katie and I bought the lot and should begin building our dream home in just a couple weeks.. and I'm getting my motorcycle back after a failed first attempt to be a motorcycle rider. I hate fast drivers and roller coasters so I doubt I'll ever be a huge motorcycle guy, but I look forward to getting around our area on it until Katie makes me quit. If you want to look at our floor plan for our new house you can go to www.japhetenterprises.com and look at the Cypress Model. There are a few minor changes, but that's basically the house. Logan and I went and marked our territory on the lot yesterday... it was a very male bonding exercise. I hope that doesn't offend the 2 people who read this.

Another side note as I'm learning to blog. It seems people don't actually use their real names for blogs and they are much more creative. I'd love any suggestions, I usually steal all of my creative stuff from someone else.

2 comments:

Becky Kiser said...

y'all both marked the lot or just logan? ;) i wouldn't put it past you.

Chef Mama Lori said...

I'm envisioning the Grand Canyon. Just sayin'.