Friday, October 3, 2008

Crossroads

So I've yet to follow through with my commitment to update this regularly, but I am going to continue to try. I've gotten pretty consistent with Facebook and Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com/nilssmith ) and hope to become consistent with this. I feel like I have a lot to talk about regarding life, ministry, our new house, etc.

Tonight I want to talk about Crossroads though. We just finished a series called Crossroads at Pulse and it's really got me thinking. We talked about those moments in life when we have to make a decision and it's clear that we can choose God's way or the world's way and so often it's much easier to just choose the world's way. I've thought about the struggles I had in high school when the world's way of dating, my language, cheating, etc. just fit me. I felt like I was just a better non Christian than I was a Christian. I guess the reality is that I still am. While my struggles have changed, choosing God's way with my finances, my attitude, my time, etc., continues to be much easier to choose the world's ways. While the decision to follow God's ways can be a struggle the joy that follows in pleasing God with my life is ALWAYS worth it! I hope that as you come to the Crossroads in your life that you can also choose God's ways and experience the joy in pleasing our Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Becky Kiser said...

that's a good word nils. i am dealing with the same thing right now!