Monday, February 15, 2010

Lights and Fog


So I have an addiction to lights and fog. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning every time I get to order a new light, fog machine, or controller. When I'm having a bad day, there's nothing like fogging up the Student Center, pumping some good music, and going crazy with the lights. I think it might be a sickness, but either way it's an addiction.

The reality in ministry is that stage lighting is expensive and often excessive. I'm a visual person, so I love lights and video. Video seems to be a necessity where lights are a bonus. I want to suggest a couple connections though that might be able to help you enhance your stage lighting in your ministry area.

First, I buy everything through Go Direct Music. Give them a call and ask for Shawn Miller. He will give you an incredible ministry discount on any Sound, Lighting, or Video equipment that you need that will beat any price you will get anywhere. He also has sold me on Eliminator lighting. I have to warn you that Elimator is CHEAP and probably won't last very long. The truth is I like that because I'm ready to get something new every couple of years. I've found that it's the best bang for the buck though. I've filled our Student Center with their small LED lights which can give you any color and give off no heat! I also love their intelligent scanners which are incredible for effect and very cost effective (I bought 8 scanners for the same price that I bought 1 Elation scanner for and the Elation scanner broke 1st). Eliminator seems to be on the same quality level of American DJ and Chauvet but at a much lower price.

As far as a console goes, I've fallen in love with the Elation Computer Software. All you have to do is download the software on to your computer and connect the box through USB. You can control as many lights as you want and gives you great color control with the LED lights as well as patterns and GOBO options on the intells.

If you have any questions or want to talk lights, please leave or send me a message. I'd love to help you pick out some affordable lighting options for your venue.

1 comment:

Becky Kiser said...

i've never heard you say the word "love" more in a single thought. you really do have an obsession bro.

i love all the ministry tips you put on here. your blog is such a great resource for us in ministry!!