Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Teachings of Ray VanderLaan


I have followed the teachings of Ray VanderLaan for about 6 or 7 years on his website: www.followtherabbi.com. While I regularly stop in when studying scripture, I have recently been recaptured by his teachings. I've begun watching his Faith Lessons video series and am continually blown away. Watching him show physically at the location of the events and describe the culture of the time along with the geography of biblical passages brings them to life in a new and fresh way. It seems that many times I read a passage and my understanding is only based on today's culture and as I understand the culture of the time it occurred, new life and meaning begins comes about. If you aren't familiar with the teachings of Ray VanderLaan take some time to check out his website. I'm also accepting donations if anyone wants to send me on a trip with Ray (not really, but it would be cool if you wanted to).

3 comments:

Chef Mama Lori said...

I'd love to send you on a trip to meet him! However, I don't have money, so I can't.

You might also like this website: http://www.worldofthebible.com/
Dr. Randall Price was our associate pastor in San Marcos at our tiny Grace Bible Church. He's lived in Israel & leads tours to the Holy Land. I know he's been on "big name" Christian TV shows (but to us he was just "Randy, the associate pastor," LOL!).

Debbi's Blog said...

Just got his 2 latest DVDs. Another ordered to
arrive in March-
do you have them?
Xxoo
debbi

Nils Smith said...

I haven't seen the 2 latest... would love to borrow!