Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iPad Tablet... It's official!


I've been hearing rumors for the past couple of years and it's finally official... the iPad tablet is here! While it looks very cool, I'm not sure how exactly it will be an effective median between my iPhone and my MacBook but I'm eager to play with it. I had lunch today with a Software Engineer who works predominantly with PCs and has developed many Windows Mobile applications. He just sold out and bought an iPhone and he's blown away by the capabilities. We were talking about everything you can do on the iPhone now. Every day I use my iPhone to wake me up (clock), read my Bible (YouVersion), record my calories (Lose It), check the weather/news, use the calendar, to do list, check my bank account, update my Twitter, Facebook, and Linked In, and best of all play games! There's really not much I don't do on my iPhone in any given day. It sounds like with the portability of the iPad it expands these possibilities and looks to much easier to read similar to a Kindle. I will be excited to get my hands on one of these very soon! Do you plan to get one?

1 comment:

Nils Smith said...

I've been reading a little more on the iPad and while I'm still eager to play with one I'm shocked on 1 big thing... it doesn't have a camera! I dont know why I didn't notice this before. I'm eager to see how easy it will be to type on, but how with skype and iChat becoming more and more popular would Apple not simply put a camera on the top of this?